- Structured Cable System Design
- Certified Cable System Installation
- Adds, Moves & Changes (MAC)
- Certification and Testing
- Complete Labor, Material & Application Assurance Warranties
- Project Management
Structured Cabling (now frequently referred to as data cabling or network cabling) is the physical layer that delivers all of your organization's information and voice communications. A poorly designed network cabling system may decrease your network performance and cause communication errors. With the advent of VoIP (voice over IP), voice communications are now delivered on the same network cable plant as computer applications thus requiring an upgrade to higher quality data cabling. Clients replace lower grade Cat 3 voice and Cat 5 data cable systems with higher performance Category 6, 6a and Fiber Optic network cabling systems.
Structured Cabling Services:
- Cable system design - Our BICSI certified estimators carefully examine the factors affecting each project; facility structure, worksite environmental conditions, cable performance requirements, budget and schedule.
- Data Cable Installation - Our projects are neat, organized and adhere to TIA and NEC code rules. Every time. Several different cable grades offering varying levels of performance are available including; Cat 5e cable, Cat 6 cable, Cat 6A cable, multimode fiber optic cable and single mode fiber optic cable.
- Move, add and change (MAC) projects - Annually, we perform hundreds of small cable projects that require fast response and close coordination with our clients. Our client portal offers an easy to use web-based project ordering system. Client information is preloaded in the system with pick menus to simplify requests. The client portal automatically notifies our operations department and emails confirmations to the client's end user.
- Cable Troubleshooting and Repair - Using sophisticated testing equipment, our technicians analyze data cabling for hidden faults such as kinked cable, damaged cable, faulty termination, pair reversals, etc.. Once the data cable fault(s) have been identified, we can make recommendations for repair or replacement of the defective cabling.
- Cable Demolition and Removal - We frequently encounter cable removal as part of commercial renovation projects. Our technicians carefully remove obsolete or non-compliant cable and leave active cabling undisturbed.
- Cable Plant Rework - We can organize and reroute unorganized cable racks and closets and label cabling to make network port troubleshooting easier.
- Cable Identification - Our technicians can trace out, tone and tag mislabeled or unlabeled cabling.
- Demarc, DSL, T1 and T3 service extensions - Clients have many cable options for extending data circuits from the service entry point to the wiring closet. Cable options include; T screen, twisted pair and 734/735 coaxial cable.
- Cable Testing / Cable Certification - We offer test and certification services for existing network cabling, data cabling, or voice cabling for performance grading or reuse purposes. Clients can realize substantial cost savings by reusing cabling that we have recertified. Our Fluke DSX-5000 or OTDR meters are capable of certifying Category 6, Category 6A, Category 5e, Category 3, single mode fiber and multimode fiber cabling.
- We have extensive experience with specialized cabling for factory automation, machine control, medical equipment, distributed cellular antenna (DAS) and environmental monitoring applications.
- Workstation Cabling - today, our most common data cabling project is the installation of Category 5e, Category 6 or Category 6A cable from a wiring closet (Main Closet or Intermediate Closet) to a network outlet for PC workstations, printers and wireless access points. Other common data cabling applications include IP cameras, laboratory equipment, robotics, machine control, medical equipment and electronic access control devices. We install thousands of data cables annually with the most common type installed is Category 6. We only use the highest quality cabling, inserts and patch panels from US based manufacturers.
- Backbone Cabling - Our extensive backbone cable experience includes cabling from MC closet (MDF) to IC (IDF) using single mode fiber, multimode fiber or Category 6 cabling. Voice backbone cabling typically involves the use of Category 3 or Category 5e multi pair copper cable. Fiber connector options include LC, SC and older style ST connectors. We have Corning Unicam, Commscope Uniprise, Panduit and Leviton fiber cable termination kits. Termination options for voice backbone cabling include 66 block, 110, BIX and Krone termination hardware. Our backbone cabling is always very neatly installed and clearly labeled.
- Closet Build Out - We build out MC closets, IC closets, computer rooms, production area cabinets and zone wiring systems depending on the client's need. Closet build out typically includes ladder rack systems, data cabinets, racks, sleeves and cable management systems. All ladder racks, cabinets and free standing racks are properly grounded. We use Homaco, Chatsworth, Bline and Cablofil brand ladder rack systems. All closet sleeves, chases and other accesses are properly sealed using Hilti firestop products.
We have installations in virtually every type of facility imaginable, including commercial, industrial, educational, utility, health care and laboratory environments. From small move, add, change projects to complex, multi-site campus projects, we deliver professional service, expert advice and quality workmanship.
Electronic Security Systems
A secure environment to protect employees and an organization's assets and resources is essential. The most important step an organization must take to protect their assets is to select the right partner to design, implement and maintain an integrated system to provide a secure work environment.
Cabling Concepts Electronic Security Division, Premises Control, delivers services that include system design, system integration, product selection and installation in commercial, health care, office and industrial environments. Our projects range from single doors to multi-sited, integrated CCTV/Electronic Access Control systems.
- Closed Circuit Television - Complete video-monitoring systems for loss control, security, safety and government regulation needs. Provided by our Security Division: Premises Control.
- Access Control - Turnkey card access / access control systems for building security needs. Provided by: Premises Control.
Communication systems must provide quality, flexibility, value and function to meet current need and future needs. We design, installation and service for overhead paging and intercom systems. In addition, we will provide the products and equipment to complete the offering for the client's communication systems. Whether the communication system is a voice paging system or sound services, we will work with each client to ensure that 100% satisfaction is maintained.
- Overhead Paging / Intercom Systems - Our portfolio of services includes the design, install, and service of overhead paging /intercom systems for office, warehouse, production and healthcare environments. Noisy production areas, quiet office environments and harsh condition outdoor areas can all be accommodated to provide employee notification. To properly design overhead paging systems, we target areas using sound meters to strategically place horns and speakers in the optimal position for sound clarity. Overhead paging speakers and horns can be self amplified or centrally amplified. Overhead paging systems will extend existing phone system's paging feature to the far reaches of any facility.
- Intercom - We offer design, maintenance and service on intercom systems, guaranteeing the same commitment to quality and service on all of our systems.
Unless damaged or rendered obsolete by technology requirements, our copper and fiber optic cabling systems are reliable for decades. None of the copper and fiber optic structured cabling systems we've installed over the last 22 years have failed unless the cabling was damaged by others. Most of the cable products we sell offer lifetime warranties under normal use.